The common reasons for the damping off of any kind of plants is the damage in the roots or stem.
The damage for the roots or usually excess moisture in the root zone due to more or continuous rains and more irrigation water provided more than required.
• This causes the suffocation kind of situation for the roots by stopping the aeration the plant may be wilted. The reduced aeration at the root zone may also weaken the root system and become vulnerable to the root rot causing bacteria and fungus. The fungus and bacteria will attack on the roots causing root rot leading to the plant wilt.
• The other reasons for the wilting of plants may be fungal and bacterial infections, here the load of the disease-causing pathogens may also invade the roots of the plant and kill them, in turn killing the plants.
• The crown or foot or collar of the plants are also attacked by some of the pathogens which may also show the similar symptoms.
• The root grubs in the root zone may also attack or feed on the roots leading to the wilting of plants.
• Sometimes the insects like stem borers may also lead to the wilting of plants above from the point of attack.
The drenching of some pesticides may be done for the plants with slight or at the stage of initial symptoms.
Krilaxyl Power 0.75 gm/L + Plantomycin 0.5 gm/L about 100 to 150 mL per plant.
https://www.bighaat.com/products/krilaxyl-35-ws-power-fungicide + https://www.bighaat.com/products/plantomycin-bactericide-aries-agro
After a week
Neel Cu 0.5 gm/L + Geomycin 0.5 gm/L + Ahaar 2 mL/L about 150 mL – 200 mL per plant.
https://www.bighaat.com/products/copper-edta + https://www.bighaat.com/products/geolife-geomycin-organic-bactericide + https://www.bighaat.com/products/ahaar-plant-nutrient
For more information kindly call on 8050797979 or give missed call on 180030002434 during office hours 10 AM to 5 PM
K SANJEEVA REDDY,
Senior Agronomist, BigHaat.
Disclaimer: The performance of the product (s) is subject to usage as per manufacturer guidelines. Read enclosed leaflet of the product(s) carefully before use. The use of this product(s)/ information is at the discretion of user.